Coldplay and Natalie Imbruglia pay tribute to Olivia Newton-John with stunning 'Summer Nights' duet
17 August 2022, 12:02
Coldplay and Natalie Imbruglia sure know how to entertain a crowd.
- Watch Olivia Newton-John's jaw-dropping final performance before her death
- When Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta reunited after 24 years to sing ‘You’re The One That I Want’
- Olivia Newton-John's 10 best songs ever, ranked
Natalie joined Coldplay last night (Tuesday 16) as part of the third of the six shows they are playing at Wembley this month.
Video footage shot by a fan sees Natalie sing the part of Olivia's character Sandy and Chris Martin sing the part of Danny Zuko, John Travolta's famous character.
Moments before singing 'Summer Nights', Natalie and Coldplay also performed 'Torn', her famous debut single from 1997.
Watch Coldplay and Natalie Imbruglia perform 'Summer Nights' below:
- Watch an emotional Olivia Newton-John relive her huge success on This Is Your Life
- 'Physical': How Olivia Newton-John started the biggest trend of the 1980s
- Olivia Newton-John: Grease West End star pays tribute with emotional 'Hopelessly Devoted to You' performance
“My dearest Olivia, you made all of our lives so much better. Your impact was incredible. I love you so much," said John Travolta in a statement.
"I’m devastated by the loss of my dearest friend Olivia Newton-John... you will always be my sister and we will meet again," Barry Gibb wrote in an emotional Instagram post.
Australian premier, Daniel Andrews, has confirmed the country will be holding a state funeral for Olivia.
He said: “This will be much more of a concert than a funeral, I think it will be a celebration of such a rich and generous life."